Field day Is Coming Soon!
Volunteers needed for April 21st ( Rain date April 28th)
Scroll to bottom of this page for my twitter feed #KWESpe
Kyle Wilson Physical Education Mission Statement
The Kyle Wilson Physical Education staff believes that each and every student can achieve excellence regardless of size, maturity, coordination, body type, or other physical capability. Our goal is to develop a child’s positive attitude towards physical education that will last a lifetime.
Everyone can be a HERO in Physical Education Class
- Have proper apparel.
- Effort and participation.
- Respectful behavior
- Outstanding sportsmanship
During P.E. class your child will be introduced to multiple skills and activities that will lead to a healthy lifestyle. In order for this to happen successfully, safety must be my first and most important job. All of the gym rules revolve around safety. Wearing sneakers is an important element in keeping everyone safe.
UPDATE - 4/6/2017 We have completed our JOG ACROSS AMERICA!!
Congratulations to KWES staff and students. We have successfully exercised enough time to earn ourselves the 3329 miles needed to track our Jog Across America. We started in Woodbridge, VA, made a stop in Fort Bend, TX and have reached our destination of Oakland, CA.
Click Files and Documents to see our Pen Pal Q&A with our fie fighter friends in California.
1/27/2017... We made it to Texas !!!!!!!!
Our new destination is California. Both the Ventura and Oakland Fire Departments will be reading and writing pen pal emails to our students as we track our exercise miles towards the west coast.
Jog Across America
Kyle Wilson ES is Jogging Across America!
- During the last week of each marking period, students will run, jog, walk or skip while wearing pedometers for a total of 15 minutes during PE class. Total miles will be calculated by our older students. Students will also have the ability to earn exercise miles at home by filling out an activity tracker form.
- Using a large map in the gym, students can visually follow their progress in an effort to get to our destination which is 1454 miles away in Fort Bend, Texas.
- Our destination this year is Anne McCormick Sullivan Elementary School located in Fort Bend, Texas. Sullivan Elementary School is a school with an incredible similarity to ours. Sullivan opened this year and is named after a local fallen fighter named Anne Sullivan. Ms. Sullivan died in the line of duty at the exact same age as Kyle Wilson which was sadly 24 years young.
- I have reached out to the Principal at Sullivan ES and we will be starting an email pen pal program with her school. As Wilson students make the journey across America, they will be sending email questions, comments and location updates to Sullivan students who will then respond electronically.
***If you want to track your exercise miles at home, please click on files and documents and download a tracker form.
k-2nd grade students are playing games to reinforce throwing skills. The Titanic Game, VolleyBowl and Trolls In The Well are games that make students practice using overhand and underhand throwing skills to hit a target. The throwing game called Dirty Backyard incorporated throwing skills with sorting and an understanding of recycling.
3-5th grade have been playing striking games. Pillow Polo is a fast paced striking game similar to street hockey. This game uses foam sticks and foam balls for student safety. Beachball Volleyball will start after the spring break.
K-2nd grade is just finishing up a Multicultural Dance Unit that we combined with music classes. Students learned folk dances, polka dances, the "Pata Pata" dance from Ghana and a Russian folk dance called "Sasha".
In the coming weeks we will work on throwing and catching.
3rd-5th grade are finishing the basketball unit. The warm weather let us play our "Knock Out" basketball games outside. Lots of fun lead-up games help to reinforce shooting skills as well as the understanding of offense and defense.
Striking games are up next for these older students. Pillow Polo and Beachball Volleyball are always a hit.....no pun intended:-)