- In math, we are studying decimals. We will learn place value, comparing, ordering, rounding, adding and subtracting decimals. The unit test will be March 3.
- In Virginia studies, we have begun the unit on Virginia's role in the Civil War. The study guide/homework will come home with students on Tuesday, February 27. . The test for this unit will be March 3.
- In language arts, we have finished the poetry unit. We are focusing on main idea and details and summarizing. Book reports are due on February 24.
- In science, we are in the unit on electricity and magnetism.
- Our snack time is very short. Please send small snacks with your student, such as a bag of chips or a piece of fruit- there is not enough time to eat more than that. I have noticed that some students are bringing quite a lot to eat during that time. Thank you.
- Even though math homework has the days of week at the top of the page- the math homework packet is due at the end of the week (Friday) along with the reading log. Social studies is a bit different- it is due at the end of the unit but I try to have the students check the work the next day. If they forget it at home, it's ok. It might be best to leave it in their folder every day so that they bring it back and forth to school each day.
- If your child is in strings- please remind them to bring instruments on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- If you have a change in transportation, please send a note so that I can send it to the office.
- If your student is absent, please send a note so that I can pass it along to the office.
Monday, February 20- No School, Presidents' Day
February 27- March 3- Dr. Seuss week.
March 2- Literacy Night at Wilson