WELCOME to our second grade classroom's website! Feel free to navigate & click on any tabs within our website; such as homework, the calendar, documents, and links.
To introduce myself, my name is Michelle Michniak and I grew up in Prince William County, VA. I received my Bachelors of Arts in Spanish and Masters of Science in Elementary Education from the University of Mary Washington. I can't wait to see each students' growth and development as we embark this S.T.E.A.M. filled journey!
Please feel free to contact me at anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
- Remember to check your student's agenda and sign as well as their Yellow Take Home Folder EVERY night.
- READ for 15 minutes EVERY night
- Students have to do a Blind Sort based on their words in their word study notebook & agenda
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING?
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Main Idea & Detaiils
- Story Structure
and subtraction facts to 20
value – ones, tens & hundreds.
two numbers using >, < or =
counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
Current Math Unit-Patterns
and Subtracting with regrouping
- Famous Americans:George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr., Jackie Robinson, Helen Keller, & Susan B. Anthony